Mar 11, 2012

Filled Under:

Photoshop signature tutorial

Hello, this is my first attempt at a graphics tutorial. I wasn’t sure as to how I was going to structure this so I just took some screenshots as I made the signature in hopes they would help you see what I am trying to explain.

First off if you want to replicate this image you will need 2 things, the first thing is the font used and the second thing is the image used. I have put both of these into a zip folder for you. You can download the .zip here


Now that you have those things we can get started. Just follow these steps and you will be fine.

1. In photoshop click File-New
2. Set the dimensions as follows. Width 450. Height 175. And set background contents as Transparent.
3. Now make another layer. You can do this by holding Shift+CTRL and pressing N.
4. Once you have 2 layers you will want to make layer 1 a dark color, I use the color of HF grey because that is what my signature was made for.
5. You will want layer 2 to be your image layer (when I say image I am referring to the picture contained in the .zip folder I provided for you)
6. Make sure Layer 1 is selected and click the text tool. This will create a new text layer on top of layer 1. 
7. Using the font in the .zip you can create the text you want, I used iEchO.
8. After you have the text you will want to double click the text layer, this will bring up the “Layer Styles” window.
9. Check the box next to “Stroke” and check the box next to “Outer Glow”
10. Now click on Stroke, and set the size to 1 pixel and the color to white.
11. Click Outer glow and set the color to white. After this click “OK”
12. Right click on Layer 2 and select “Clipping Mask”
13. At this point you should have your text with the nova image inside of it with a grey background.
14. Now you can create a copy of layer 2 and move it under your text image but above layer 1.
15. Change the opacity of layer 2 copy to about 40-50% 
16. Now use the eraser to adjust layer 2 copy to look how you want it to.
Your layers should look like this.

Now Just hide or delete layer 1 and save as .png.
If you followed the steps correctly it should look like this.







0 comments:

Post a Comment